Paula’s Letter to the Listeners
Thank you for choosing to listen to my podcast. Homelessness is not dressed up, or exciting and is a subject that many will avoid talking about or dismiss. But the truth is that homelessness has no barriers and can happen to anyone. It could be me; it could be you, or someone we both know.
Everyone has a story to share, about their life and the course of events that led them to having nowhere to live. I have listened to stories of loss & grief, debt, poor mental health, trauma, addiction, changes within a family and unemployment. No one chooses to become homeless and when this happens, the person is already in crisis. We are sometimes their only lifeline. A safe place to stay, support through outreach services, counselling, and a support worker willing to listen and help them to get their life back on track and re connect with society.
The next time you reach for your keys, think about the many hundreds of thousands of people every year who dream of having a key to a front door, a safe place to stay, rest and recover ready for the opportunity to change their life. Everyone deserves a chance.
I hope you enjoy the podcast, and I would love to hear your feedback. Please feel free to connect with me, I am always happy to chat about homelessness, the vital services we provide or explore ways to get involved.
Thanks for listening.
– Paula – YMCA Burton Fundraising Officer
LISTEN TO PAULA’S EPISODE
LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE WITH SPOTIFY
LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE WITH APPLE
HOW TO CONTINUE MAKING CONVERSATIONS COUNT…
We don’t want the conversation to stop there!
- If you have listened and enjoyed the show, please leave us a review. Every time someone leaves a good review a little happy dance is done!
- Wendy’s best-selling Training Handbook can be bought here – “Making Conversations Count: How to sell over the phone”
- If you want to carry on the conversation with Wendy, get in touch to book a free ChinWAG.
- To stay up to date with all of the latest episodes, subscribe to our Making Conversations Count email newsletter.
All of our listeners are important to us, so we would love it if you can connect with Wendy on LinkedIn and send her a message with your favourite episode!