Dr Ivan Misner - Founder of BNI NetworkingRecommended Reading
Resources – Books
About the author
Dr Ivan Misner is the Modern Father of Networking. With 36 years of continuous growth through the BNI network he founded in 1986, the organisation now has over 275000 members across 10000 chapters in 72 countries. Compelling author and contributor of 26 books including his latest titles ‘Who’s in Your Room?’ and ‘Infinite Giving’.
Below, Ivan is talking about his concept about who you let in your room.
Imagine you live your life in one room and that one room has only one door, and that one door is an “enter only” door, so that when people come into your life or into your room, they’re there forever; you can never get them out.
Luckily, this is a metaphor, Wendy, but if it were true, would you be more selective about the people that you’ve let into your life?
If they’re still in your head, they’re still in your room, and they will be for the rest of your life, because the room starts on this temple and ends on this temple. It is everything in between your head, your mind; that’s your room.
So, the people who have come into your room, have come into your life, they’re fingerprints are all over your brain and they will be forever.
So, it’s very important for us to learn how to screen people out from getting into our room who aren’t a good fit, and we talk about how you do that and what techniques you use to do that.
Then, we need to figure out how to deal with the people who have gotten into our room. Sometimes, they’re family members; we had no choice.
– Dr Ivan Misner, Episode 14 of Making Conversations Count
LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE WITH SPOTIFY
LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE WITH APPLE
HOW TO CONTINUE MAKING CONVERSATIONS COUNT…
We don’t want the conversation to stop there!
- If you have listened and enjoyed the show, please leave us a review. Every time someone leaves a good review a little happy dance is done!
- Wendy’s best-selling Training Handbook can be bought here – “Making Conversations Count: How to sell over the phone”
- If you want to carry on the conversation with Wendy, get in touch to book a free ChinWAG.
- To stay up to date with all of the latest episodes, subscribe to our Making Conversations Count email newsletter.
All of our listeners are important to us, so we would love it if you can connect with Wendy on LinkedIn and send her a message with your favourite episode!